If you are like most people, you are afraid of the unknown. As such, this section will provide you information about accessing our services that will help soothe those worries. There are several steps that you will take as you go through the counseling process.
1. Contact the center either by email or phone. Please know that with the exception of our Director, our staff is completely volunteer and it may take 24 to 48 hours to receive confirmation of your contact. (If you feel as though you are in crisis, please either call 911 or go to the nearest hospital’s emergency department).
2. After receiving your call or email, one of our intake specialists will contact you by phone and conduct a quick screening questionnaire. This brief conversation will help us determine two things. First, it will help us know whether we can meet your needs or whether we need to refer you to a professional or agency that has the specialized expertise that we do not possess. Second, it provides your intake specialist with an initial glimpse of the level of service you will require from our center. For example, you may either qualify for peer counseling services or group services. In some instances, the complexity of your struggle will mean that you need to see our Director for personal counseling. Either way, we will do our best to either provide or arrange for the care that you need.
3. At the conclusion of the screening call, the intake specialist will schedule you for an intake session here at the center. In this initial visit, your intake specialist will gather additional background information, review the scope of our services, discuss the informed consent process, and gain an understanding of what you would like to achieve in your counseling. This session takes about an hour and fifteen minutes.
4. After obtaining the intake information, your intake specialist will consult with the Administrator or the Director and will assign the proper counselor to your case. At that time, your counselor will call or email you to set an appointment time.
5. At the appointed time, you will come to the center and we will begin walking with you on your path of sanctification. Each session last for approximately 50 minutes. (Because of the required focus and concentration in the counseling process, we ask that you not bring small children with you to counseling unless they are to participate in the counseling session).
Hopefully, this article provides you with a roadmap that will give you a general direction of how we do things and it is our prayer that God will rain His grace down on you as we travel together.